Risk Management is about reducing exposure to risk and preventing loss you may have never even considered.
Here are some Quick Injury Facts provided by Travelers Insurance:
- 25,000 slip and fall accidents occur daily in the U.S., accounting for 15 percent of all workplace accidents. It is also the leading injury to people on company premises.
- Falls from ladders injure over 20,000 American workers annually. Some injuries result in permanent disabilities and even fatalities.
Fires in commercial buildings cost more than $2 billion in annual property damage and loss. Lack of, or improper maintenance of sprinkler systems plays a significant role.
Controlling your Company’s risk can be as easy as:
- Changing the way you store documents,
- Placing non-slip mats near doorways,
- Buying lumbar-supportive office chairs
Or as complex as:
- Installing smart sprinkler systems,
- Changing product distribution patterns,
- Re-invented the corporate culture.
No matter the size of your organization, loss can happen and loss can have a devastating effect on your business. By working with your Insurance Professional and your Insurance Carrier your business can make the changes necessary to mitigate exposure, prevent loss, and work safer!